White Chicken Chili.
White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili is the ultimate creamy comfort food on a cold night! We love top ours off with avocado, pepper jack cheese, sour cream, & more. Sharing our go-to recipe below:
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked & shredded rotisserie chicken
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cans great northern white beans (15.5 oz) cans, fully drained & rinsed
- 3 cans diced green chiles (4 oz) cans, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped (game changer!)
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fritos Scoops
- sliced jalapeños
- chopped cilantro
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- lime juice
- In a stock pot, saute onions & garlic in the olive oil & lime juice over medium high heat. Cook until the onions are fragrant & translucent.
- Add in the cooked chicken, chicken broth, beans, chiles, & seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until it’s the thickness you desire. Stir occasionally. (We let ours simmer for a full hour to let all the flavors blend fully – but it would have been ready to go after 30 minutes, if you start feeling hangry!)
- Turn off the heat & stir in the cubed cream cheese. Stir constantly until the cream cheese melts & incorporates completely. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Top with as many (or as few!) toppings as you desire.
- Eat up!