Parmesan Chicken & Lemon Ricotta Pasta.
These dropping Fall temps have me craving comfort food like crazy…
& when I shared a pic of this pasta dish that D. whipped up the other night, I had lots of requests for the recipe!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Cut each breast in half & point to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Beat egg & water in a shallow bowl until blended.
- Add garlic, salt & black pepper, & whisk to blend.
- Place parmesan in separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture, making sure to coat completely.
- Allow excess egg mixture to drip off.
- Place chicken in parmesan. Sprinkle more parmesan over top. Gently press, then turn & repeat on other side. Shake off excess Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Mix butter & oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Carefully place chicken in skillet & do not move until edges brown (to ensure cheese sticks to chicken – about 3 minutes).
- Lightly press chicken with spatula, then turn over again. Do not move until browned & crispy.
- Lightly press with spatula & remove from heat.
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 1/2 lb Pasta of choice
- 1 cup Whole-Milk Ricotta
- 8 oz fresh Baby Spinach, washed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 unwaxed Lemon, zest & juice
- 3 Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 Garlic clove, grated or pressed
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Meanwhile, make ricotta sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon zest & juice. Season with 1/4 tsp of salt & a big pinch of pepper.
- Stir until well combined, taste & make sure you’re happy with seasoning (I always want more lemon!)
- In the last minute of the pasta’s cooking time, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then add spinach to the pot. Stir well & push the leaves down to submerge in water.
- After 1 minute, drain & return pasta + spinach to the pot.
- Add the ricotta sauce & part of the reserve cooking water. Stir well to evenly coat pasta in sauce, adding remaining cooking water as needed. (You’re going for a smooth & creamy texture.)
- Serve immediately & garnish with grated or shaved parmesan cheese, a drizzle of EVOO & lemon wedges. (I also added a light shake of red pepper flakes, for a little kick!)